Wednesday, 30 November 2011
|(the photos in this post appear faded and washed out, which is intentional...)|
Banana Raisin Muffins
(makes 7 muffins)
50g caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten (about 50g without shells)
50g vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
2 large over ripped bananas, roughly mashed (about 210g)
150g cake flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- Pre heat oven to 180degC.
- Soak raisins with some water or orange juice for about 10-15mins. Drain and pat dry. Lightly coat with a teaspoon of flour (extra), remove any excess flour.
- Sieve flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Roughly mash bananas with a fork.
- Place sugar, eggs in a mixing bowl. Whisk with a balloon whisk to combine.
- Add in oil, whisk to combine.
- Add in mashed banana, stir with a spatula to combine.
- Sieve over flour mixture, stir with spatula until just incorporated. DO NOT Overmix. The batter should appear lumpy.
- Spoon batter into paper muffin cups, fill to ¾ full.
- Bake at 180degC for 25mins until golden and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Transfer to wire rack, leave to cool completely.